According to research, 40% of women can have brittle nails. That is one of the reasons why Blackmores has created Nails, Hair and Skin a unique formula specially designed to assist in strengthening brittle nails, increasing nail thickness and reducing splitting and chipping. As well as the positive effects on nails, this formula also promotes healthy hair and skin.
Blackmores Nails, Hair and Skin contains a clinically trialled dose of Biotin. Clinical trials indicate that biotin has the following effects on nails:
- Nails may increase in thickness by 25%
- Firmer and harder fingernails
- Reduced splitting and chipping
- Improvements seen in many people in 12 weeks
Skin, hair and nails are chemically related. Basic requirements for the health of these structures include adequate intakes of nutrients such as protein, essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins. The ingredients in Blackmores Nails Hair and Skin support healthy protein and fatty acid metabolism. The formula contains nutrients which have been found to contribute to the health of the nails, hair and skin:
- Biotin is an essential vitamin which has been found in clinical trials to strengthen soft brittle nails and reduce breaking and splitting after 12 weeks.
- Silica is concentrated in the nails, hair and skin and contributes to collagen formation.
- Zinc helps maintain the structural integrity of the nails, hair and skin and is important for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C is important in the production of collagen and for a healthy immune system.
- Folic acid, iron, manganese, beta-carotene and vitamin B5 all assist with metabolism of nutrients important for nails, hair and skin.